World Relief Minnesota is always looking for employers that are willing to hire refugees. Refugees come to the U.S. with varying levels of education (from GED equivalency to advanced degrees) and with varying English speaking abilities. They come to Minnesota with a legal status that allows them to work in the U.S. as soon as they arrive in the U.S.
World Relief operates a Refugee Employment Services office that is funded through a MN Dept. of Human Services contract. We attempt to place refugees in appropriate jobs. Our employment counselors contact potential employers to build relationships and explain how we support refugees even after they have found employment. Our goal is to successfully place refugees in jobs in their new community.
We provide metro-area employers with hard-working, pre-screened, work authorized candidates at no cost to the employer. They are all international refugees who have received permanent work authorization in the United States. Our clients have a variety of skills and abilities, are positive, ready-to-work, and dependable.
We work with a variety of companies and staffing agencies to place qualified candidates in jobs. Hiring through World Relief Employment Services is easy. Here’s how it works:
- Contact our Employment Services Office.
- Our staff will assess your employment needs and refer candidates who meet your specifications. We work one-on-one with our clients to assure the best fit for them, and for you.
- Our staff will schedule a meeting with your company for face-to-face interviews with our pre-screened candidates.
- Should you choose to hire, we continue to offer assistance even after employment has begun. This includes paperwork, necessary translation services, and more!
Remember, World Relief Minnesota is a not-for-profit organization and our referral services are completely free to employers. Work with World Relief directly as your free source of reliable staff!
Refugees are wonderful people that are resilient and hard working. If you are an employer that is considering hiring refugees, please contact World Relief’s Job Developer, Anya Yastremski: email@example.com
We’re also looking for mentors for refugee job seekers, click here to learn more.
top 10 reasons to hire a refugee:
- Save time on recruiting and screening
- Save money: as a not-for-profit organization, our services are totally free!
- Keep your company legal: refugees are 100% authorized to work
- Increase your productivity with refugees’ strong work ethic
- Hire highly motivated candidates who are eager to work
- Employ flexible and loyal workers with immediate availability
- Enjoy higher retention rates, especially on your later shifts
- Utilize free follow-up services with World Relief including language help
- Trust an organization with over 16 years of experience with employers and refugees in the metro area.
- Diversify your workplace with new perspectives, languages, and backgrounds.